Beginning in 2005, The Dudley Smith Initiative has offered grants to middle school and high school teachers in the Christian County area to fund innovative projects that create knowledge about agriculture and its impact on the community.
Teachers are encouraged to creatively link what they teach to the agriculture and community system. Teachers are enabled to take advantage of the physical resources of the Dudley Smith Farm and the knowledge resources from the ongoing research under the Dudley Smith Initiative to provide their students with a deeper understanding of the agriculture and community system. In doing this, the Dudley Smith Initiative itself benefits from the interaction and feedback from the teachers and students.
Current Educational Grant Programs
If you’re interested in an educational grant please contact the Office of Research. firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Educational Grant Programs
- Botanical Illustration of Area Grain Crops and Weed Plants
- Carbon Sequestration/Farming
- Christian County – A Sense of Place
- Christian-Shelby-Montgomery-Fayette Teacher/Classroom Education Project
- The Farm: For All Seasons
- Hands-on Learning: Alternate Energy and Pasture Rotation
- Physical Science, Environment, Biology Lab Equipment
- A Taste of Christian County Agriculture
- Where Have All The Farmers Gone?
- Alternative Energy
- Promoting Today’s Agriculture through Career Expo 2008
- Exploring Alternative Energy Resources
- Outreach Module for Ruminant Emission Measurements – REMS Mobile